A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 11, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - DEREK TOWN MEMORIAL CHARITY, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
- Living the Urban Life Upstate
By KIM VELSEY - Friday Jun 16, 2017
A New York couple who prefer to rent in the thick of things, even in a Hudson Valley town.
- A Winning Design for a New York Monument to Gay and Transgender People
By JOSHUA BARONE - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the artist Anthony Goicolea had been selected to design the monument in Hudson River Park in Manhattan.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- Books of The Times: In ‘Memory’s Last Breath,’ Remembering Life, Before It’s Too Late
By JENNIFER SENIOR - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
Gerda Saunders tries to analyze her dementia as dispassionately as possible in her new book.
- Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter are now rivals in Marlins bid
By Associated Press - Friday Jun 23, 2017
MIAMI — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has switched sides in pursuit of the Marlins, and he’s trying to beat out former teammate Derek Jeter. Bush has joined the group led by businessman Tagg Romney that is trying to buy the Marlins, a person familiar with the negotiations said Friday. The person confirmed Bush’s new...
- When will Derek Jeter play in Yankees Old-Timers’ Day?
By Dan Martin - Monday Jun 26, 2017
Jorge Posada made his first appearance at Old-Timers’ Day on Sunday, but he didn’t want to predict when the next member of the Core Four would make it. The former catcher beat Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera to retirement, and asked specifically about when Jeter might make an appearance, Posada said: “Good question,...
- One Ohio Town’s Immigration Clash, Down in the Actual Muck
By MIRIAM JORDAN - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
A community long reliant on seasonal migrant field workers calls off a welcome-back party, and joins in the national argument over illegal immigration.