The Brooklyn neighborhood synonymous with poverty is working to remake itself without giving in to the forces of gentrification.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 24, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - DAVID LEYBENGRUB NUTRITIONAL CONSULTING CORP
AROUND THE WEB
- No ‘Inner City’ in Brownsville, Brooklyn, Just Overlooked Strengths
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Thursday Mar 30, 2017
- Cyrus, Road Blocks, And The Green-Eyed Monster
Friday Mar 17, 2017
The young white interviewer-dude sports the black glasses and follicularly robust beard of your basic Brooklyn hipster. But rather than favoring a tight black T-shirt for flexing his tat-covered bicep muscles -- developed by salvaging industrial metals -- he's dressed in the tweedy wool jacket and cotton-checked shirt of a traditional academic (sans bow tie.) Thus, the mystery of this TD Ameritrade commercial begins. In what universe does a financial consultant look like this?
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- De Blasio’s Plan to Create 100,000 Jobs: Find 40,000, and Keep Eyes Open
By WILLIAM NEUMAN and J. DAVID GOODMAN - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Mayor Bill de Blasio announced initiatives toward his goal of creating 100,000 jobs in New York City, but couldn’t say where 60,000 of those would come from.
- Booz Allen Hamilton Says It Is Under Federal Investigation
By MATTHEW HAAG - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The Virginia-based consultant said the Justice Department is reviewing its billing procedures in a civil and criminal investigation.
- Brooklyn, as Hollywood Never Sees It
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Jim McKay’s new film, about bicycle delivery men and soccer in Carroll Gardens and Sunset Park, is having its premiere at BAMcinemaFest.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.