Payless ShoeSource is the nation’s leading provider of shoes that look just enough like Chuck Taylor All-Stars but that are buy one, get one free. The chain is now in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, hoping to trim its store fleet and its substantial debt. In a recent court filing, the chain listed 81 more locations that it may or may …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 23, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
SPIEGEL & UTRERA P.A., P.C.
1 MAIDEN LANE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10038
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - DAVES SHOE STORE INC
AROUND THE WEB
- Here Are The 81 Stores Payless ShoeSource Wants To Close Next
By Laura Northrup - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
- Amazon Deal for Whole Foods Starts a Supermarket War
By RACHEL ABRAMS and JULIE CRESWELL - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The grocery-store industry now faces, in addition to overseas competitors, a deep-pocketed rival with a track record of moving customers online.
- How Whole Foods Became the Organic Giant
By ERIC OWLES - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Over several decades, John Mackey grew a 2,000 square-foot store in Austin into a $13.4 billion deal with Amazon.
- Walmart to Buy Bonobos, Men’s Wear Company, for $310 Million
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Acquiring the clothing brand born on the internet is intended to energize Walmart’s e-commerce strategy as it races to catch up with Amazon.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Amazon to Buy Whole Foods in $13.4 Billion Deal
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and NICK WINGFIELD - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The deal is the online giant’s latest push into food retailing.
- Economic Trends: The Amazon-Walmart Showdown That Explains the Modern Economy
By NEIL IRWIN - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The battle to sell men’s shirts and food, and just about everything else, is a competition that will define the future of retail.
- State of the Art: In Whole Foods, Bezos Gets a Sustainably Sourced Guinea Pig
By FARHAD MANJOO - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
By purchasing the upscale chain, Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s chief, has a chance to tinker with how people buy groceries — and map the future of the physical store.