The fund, run by Daniel S. Loeb, has called on the Swiss food giant to sell its stake in L’Oréal and move more quickly to adapt to changing consumer tastes.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution (Dec 12, 2013)
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 15, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - CSCS FUNDING, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Third Point, a Hedge Fund, Sets Its Activist Sights on Nestlé
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
- Shareholders Demand More Drastic Shifts at Nestlé
By STEPHANIE STROM - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
The changes requested by the Third Point hedge fund underscore the idea that legacy food brands must radically shake up their portfolios to remain profitable.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Dan Loeb's Third Point Makes Its Largest-Ever Bet With Nestlé Stake
Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Billionaire activist investor Daniel Loeb’s Third Point LLC hedge fund has taken a $3.5 billion stake in Nestlé SA, piling pressure on the world’s largest packaged foods company to find ways to accelerate growth.
- Dan Loeb buys a chunk of Nestle, blasts ‘staid’ culture
By Carleton English - Monday Jun 26, 2017
Dan Loeb just placed his biggest bet ever on a chocolate company. The activist investor’s hedge fund Third Point LLC amassed a $3.5 billion stake in Nestle, the world’s largest packaged foods company, representing roughly 1.25 percent of the Swiss-based company’s shares. Loeb is hoping to reinvigorate the brand amid changing food tastes as well...
- Millions Meant for Rail Tunnel Subsidize Ferry Rides for a Few
By PATRICK McGEEHAN - Thursday Jul 6, 2017
After canceling a Hudson River train tunnel, Gov. Chris Christie diverted some of the funding to a lightly used Seastreak service to Jersey City and Hoboken.