Medicaid, targeted by Republicans’ health care bills, pays for most of the 1.4 million elderly people in nursing homes. Cutbacks to the program may limit their care.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 01, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
35 SUTTON PLACE
LAWRENCE, NEW YORK, 11559
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - COMPREHENSIVE ELDER CARE LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Cuts to Medicaid May Limit Access to Nursing Homes
By JORDAN RAU - Saturday Jun 24, 2017
- Long a Refuge for the Elderly, Florida is Now a Place of Danger
By MARC SANTORA and HENRY FOUNTAIN - Friday Sep 8, 2017
In a state where one in five residents is over 65, caring for older residents is one of the main challenges in planning for Hurricane Irma as it heads toward Florida.
- Your Money: Hard-Won Advice in Books on Aging and Elder Care
By RON LIEBER - Friday Aug 18, 2017
Readers told our columnist what they had read and found useful, and he reports back on family conversations, division of labor, Medicaid and more.
- Deporting ‘Dreamers’ May Hit Home Health Care Especially Hard
By NOAM SCHEIBER and RACHEL ABRAMS - Wednesday Sep 6, 2017
Many of those who care for older Americans are low-wage immigrants, and replacing them could prove difficult and costly for families and taxpayers.
- Elderly man arrested for bashing longtime wife with hammer at nursing home
By Joshua Rhett Miller - Monday Sep 11, 2017
An elderly man in upstate New York is facing attempted murder charges after allegedly hitting his wife of 60 years in the head with a hammer at a nursing home. Martin Turkiewicz, of Cheektowaga, attacked 86-year-old Rita Turkiewicz at the Garden Gate Health Care Facility on Saturday, causing severe head injuries, according to the Erie...
- The New Old Age: Caregiving Is Hard Enough. Isolation Can Make It Unbearable.
By PAULA SPAN - Friday Aug 4, 2017
Many caregivers find themselves trapped at home, neglected by friends and family members who don’t understand how to help.