A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 08, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - COMMUNITY RENAISSANCE, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- At the Local Level, Even Small Doses of NEA Funding Mean So Much
By Eileen Cunniffe - Monday Jun 5, 2017
What began with a $25,000 NEA grant in 2011 has blossomed into more than $1 million to fund community-building arts projects and a “sense of possibility” in rural Fergus Falls, Minnesota.
- Critic's Notebook: Foreign Horror TV Shows Are Light on Monsters, Heavy on Mood
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
On the streaming service Shudder, foreign series like “Jordskott” and “Penance” offer a classic psychological dread that’s in short supply on American TV.
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation “Serves the Community” Very Differently
By Ruth McCambridge - Monday Jun 12, 2017
The Silicon Valley Community Foundation may be more focused on donor satisfaction than outcomes.
- Luxury for less: Caribbean resorts on sale in summer
By Special for USA TODAY - By Special for USA TODAY - Monday May 15, 2017
You’ll find cool breezes, uncrowded beaches and discounted rooms at top-notch resorts.