Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Dec 27, 2000)
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 19, 1984
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1984 - COMMUNITY PARKING CORP.
AROUND THE WEB
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Protesters Outside ‘Julius Caesar’ in Central Park, and Laughs Inside
By EMILY PALMER and MAYA SALAM - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
Just a day after the “Shakespeare in the Park” play was interrupted by protesters who rushed on stage, a few demonstrators picketed, and the production was adjusted to address the episode.
- Two Protesters Disrupt ‘Julius Caesar’ in Central Park
By MICHAEL PAULSON - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A production of the Shakespeare play was interrupted by protesters objecting to a scene where a character resembling President Trump is murdered.
- We Kid You Not: Goats Clean Up Parks and Educate Communities on Urban Farming
By Aine Creedon - Friday Jun 16, 2017
For the fourth year in a row, the Wheat Ridge community has successfully used LaMancha goats to manage invasive weeds and vegetation in natural areas, providing a great opportunity to educate the community about urban farming.
- Restaurant Review: At Don Peppe, Expect a Lot of Everything
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The hallowed Italian-American restaurant is near the airport and the racetrack in Queens, but it’s in a world of its own.
- Londoners React to Finsbury Park Van Attack
Monday Jun 19, 2017
London residents on Monday voiced their fears and praised the community response after an attack in which a man from Cardiff, Wales, used a van to plow into pedestrians outside a mosque during Ramadan.
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.