In the film set during the Occupation during World War II, matinee heartthrob Jean-Paul Belmondo is a country priest who finds himself drawn to a cynical young widow (Emmanuelle Riva), who has abandoned religion for Communism.Melville was part of the French Resistance during the war, so he knew the Occupation inside and outside.The screening Sunday, July 16, at the Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive is a good opportunity to pay tribute to Riva.Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive, 2155 Center St., Berkeley.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 24, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - CLONED! THE MUSICAL, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Melville’s ‘Leon Morin: Priest’ pairs Belmondo, Riva
By G. Allen Johnson - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
- Letter of Recommendation: Letter of Recommendation: Karaoke at Home
By JENNY ZHANG - Friday Jul 7, 2017
Solo singing as an antidote to bullying, racism and rage.
- That Decisive Moment: Chilling Fervor: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments on YouTube
Friday Jul 21, 2017
Political messages from the pianist Igor Levit and the conductor Daniel Barenboim were among the highlights.
- What happened to Fling, Amazon's Chromecast clone on Fire TV?
By Jared Newman - By Jared Newman - Thursday Jul 20, 2017
Amazon Fling was supposed to bring Chromecast-like features to Fire TV devices. Two years later, that effort has fizzled.
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- We tried Costco's new burger and it's not a 'Shake Shack' clone
By Chris Preovolos - Monday Jul 10, 2017
No, Costco's new food court burger is not a Shake Shack doppelgänger, but you should still hope it comes to a warehouse store near you.