The ride-hailing company is opening a research center in Palo Alto, Calif., and plans to collaborate with automakers and tech companies.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - CIVILIZATION COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Lyft to Develop Self-Driving Car Technology in New Silicon Valley Facility
By MIKE ISAAC - Friday Jul 21, 2017
- State of the Art: Uber’s Lesson: Silicon Valley’s Start-Up Machine Needs Fixing
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Travis Kalanick, who stepped down as Uber’s C.E.O., had many enablers who turned a blind eye to the company’s faults because it was growing quickly.
- Facebook may be answer to Silicon Valley’s housing problem
By Reuters - Friday Jul 7, 2017
The shortage of housing in California’s Silicon Valley has gotten so severe that Facebook on Friday proposed taking homebuilding into its own hands for the first time with a plan to construct 1,500 units near its headquarters. The growth of Facebook, Alphabet Inc’s Google and other tech companies has strained neighborhoods in the San Francisco...
- Silicon Valley Investors Flexed Their Muscles in Uber Fight
By KATIE BENNER - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
Start-up financiers have deferred boardroom control to founders in recent years. Travis Kalanick’s ouster indicates that could be changing.
- Cogeco Communications Expands U.S. Market Share With MetroCast Buy
Monday Jul 10, 2017
A Cogeco Communications Inc. unit has reached a deal to buy the MetroCast cable system for $1.4 billion, as the Canadian cable company expands its share of the U.S. market.
- New York City and James Blake Resolve Excessive-Force Claim
By BENJAMIN MUELLER - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
As part of the deal with the former pro tennis player, the city will create a new position within the agency that investigates police misconduct.