The American Health Care Act, with its massive Medicaid cuts, threatens the independent living movement.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 27, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - CHILDRENS COMMUNITY SERVICES INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Medicaid Cuts Could Undermine Services for People with Disabilities Living in the Community
By Jason Schneiderman - Thursday Jun 8, 2017
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Matt Barnes gets community service for nightclub assault
By Priscilla DeGregory, Bruce Golding - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
NBA tough guy Matt Barnes pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct Tuesday for brawling with a woman and her boyfriend at a Chelsea hotspot. Barnes — who just shared in the Golden State Warriors’ championship win — will serve ten days of community service in his home state of California under terms of the deal struck...
- New York Community Trust Awards $12.3 Million in June Grants
By email@example.com (Kyoko Uchida) - Monday Jun 12, 2017
The June grants will support health, education, social services, arts and culture, and environmental organizations in New York City....
- For Your Consideration: An Increasingly Lavish Emmy Campaign Season
By JOHN KOBLIN and BROOKS BARNES - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Encouraged by streaming services like Netflix, networks are spending heavily to get their shows noticed by prospective Emmy voters.
- Tech Fix: What You Need to Know About the New Uber
By BRIAN X. CHEN - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
The company has been dogged by scandal for months. One response: changes to its all-important app.
- A Street Fight Among Grocers to Deliver Your Milk, Eggs, Bananas
By RACHEL ABRAMS - Saturday Jun 24, 2017
Bananas can’t get cold. Milk mustn’t tip. Online food delivery still trips up companies. A day on the truck shows why.