NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
NOVEMBER 26, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - CHIEN YANG DEVELOPMENT GROUP INC.
AROUND THE WEB
The elusive millennials: are they worth chasing?
Monday Dec 5, 2016
Ah, millennials—they’re the constantly SnapChatting young people with attention spans that shorten every day. (I’m allowed to say this because I’m one of them!) As millennials make up more and more of the workforce and their buying power increases, organizations are obsessing about how to get them to care about their cause—and ultimately how to get them to give.
This obsession has led to tons of research about the generation, and after doing a little digging, I noticed that the research doesn’t always match up. For instance, MobileCause said millennials give to causes, rather than specific organizations or brands, but Inc. 500 found millennials to be extremely brand loyal compared to other generations.
So what’s the deal? Do millennials care about a specific organization or not? And how does that affect their likelihood to give? Big Duck’s new market research tool, the Brandraising Benchmark, also digs into questions like these, and our June survey returned some interesting results about young people:
- 18-34 year olds had some of the highest levels of awareness of participating organizations. This means they were more likely than other, older age groups to claim that they’d heard of a participating organization. This was true for nonprofits large and small, and across a variety of sectors.
- When asked about the importance of participating organizations’ mission statements, 18-34 year olds were more likely than any other age group to say the mission was very or extremely important. Again, true for nonprofits of all sizes and a variety of sectors.
- When asked about their likelihood to donate in the future, 18-34 year olds were more likely than all other age groups to say they probably or definitely would donate. Again, true for organizations large and small, and across sectors.
So perhaps all the obsession over millennials is warranted: they’re aware of what’s going on in the nonprofit sector and excited about donating. What’s more, they seem to be aware of specific organizations (not just the issues behind them), so they may pay more attention to your brand than you might expect.
My biggest takeaway about all of this is that developing a brand that inspires connection is more important than ever. Think Nike or Old Spice, and think fast because this age group has a lot of organizations vying for their attention.
If you want to know what millennials (and other demographics) think of your organization specifically, sign up for our Brandraising Benchmark.Source: BigDuck smart communications for nonprofits
- MOG Music Network Acquired by Townsquare Media Group
Tuesday Aug 28, 2012
Townsquare Media Group has acquired Bay Area-based MOG Music Network business from MMN Media, Inc. and will rename the business Townsquare Media.Source: Media Post: MAD SF
- Analysts Hedge Snap, Inc. Revenue Forecasts
Tuesday Feb 28, 2017
Ahead of Snap's big IPO, Wieser isn't the only one questioning the company's growth potential. As "Business Insider" reported, this week, Snap executives have been peppered with questions about competition from Facebook, user growth for the disappearing-message app, and accessibility in less developed markets.Source: Media Post: Mobile Insider
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.Source: NYT > Home Page
- What are ‘happy apps’ and why should advertisers care?
By Nikao Yang, AdColony - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
GUEST: Have you noticed that certain mobile apps make you happier than others? The feeling that you get after, say, streaming music on Pandora during a workout, using Waze to circumvent traffic, or using the Nest app to get your home to the perfect temperature before you arrive is different from how you feel after scrolling […]Source: VentureBeat
- Facebook Bug Exposed Names of Content Moderators to Suspected Terrorists
Saturday Jun 17, 2017
Facebook Inc. inadvertently exposed the names of some moderators to suspected terrorists and other groups whose content the workers were tasked with reviewing, a flaw the company Friday said has been fixed.Source: The Wall Street Journal: Technology: What's News
- Digital Transformation is about Customer Ownership
By David Yang, Founder and Chairman of the Board of ABBYY - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Automation is just the beginning, understanding your customer is the new imperative.Source: Information Week
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.Source: NYT > Home Page