RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Shareholders of British American Tobacco and Reynolds American Inc. were scheduled to decide Wednesday whether to approve a merger that would create the world's largest publicly traded tobacco company.The takeover marks an end for what became R.J. Reynolds Tobacco, which stamped its home state of North Carolina as a center during a bygone era of smoking's popularity through its Winston and Salem brands.
NYS Entity Status
- Merged Out (May 06, 2014)
NYS Filing Date
MAY 06, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
UNAUTHORIZED BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - CATALYST PUBLIC RELATIONS MERGER SUB, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Shareholders weigh British American, Reynolds tobacco merger
By EMERY P. DALESIO, AP Business Writer - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
- Instagram Stories Hashtag Search Feature Could Increase Trademarks
Tuesday May 23, 2017
Instagram on Tuesday launched the ability to search by location and hashtag, and view related content from shared videos in Instagram posts made public within the past 24 hours.
- Former IT Worker Settles Insider-Trading Accusations in 2012 Apple Merger
Tuesday Jul 18, 2017
A former technology worker at a biometrics company that Apple Inc. (AAPL) bought in 2012 agreed to pay nearly $280,000 to resolve insider trading accusations.
- Economic Trends: The Amazon-Walmart Showdown That Explains the Modern Economy
By NEIL IRWIN - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The battle to sell men’s shirts and food, and just about everything else, is a competition that will define the future of retail.
- How Whole Foods Became the Organic Giant
By ERIC OWLES - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Over several decades, John Mackey grew a 2,000 square-foot store in Austin into a $13.4 billion deal with Amazon.
- Walmart to Buy Bonobos, Men’s Wear Company, for $310 Million
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Acquiring the clothing brand born on the internet is intended to energize Walmart’s e-commerce strategy as it races to catch up with Amazon.