The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 28, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - BANTIGNEL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- The Times Sharply Increases Articles Open for Comments, Using Google’s Technology
By BASSEY ETIM - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
A new comments system at The New York Times will allow the community desk to moderate more reader comments than ever before.
- Nebraska Democratic Official Ousted for Scalise Comment
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
The Nebraska Democratic Party removed a party official from his post Thursday after he was recorded saying he was glad U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise got shot and that he wished the Louisiana Republican had died.
- AT&T CEO: ‘Tolerance Is for Cowards’ in Speech on Racial Tensions
Friday Sep 30, 2016
Addressing hundreds of employees at a company diversity event last week, AT&T Inc. CEO Randall Stephenson lamented how racial tensions are ripping apart American communities. Video/Image: Joshua Fields/YouTube
- Why Groupon Hasn't Lived Up to Investors' Hopes
Monday Aug 20, 2012
Some early investors of Groupon Inc. have sold or significantly pared back their holdings in recent months. WSJ's Shayndi Raice and Shira Ovide discuss why Groupon has not been able to live up to its investors' hopes. (Photo: Associated Press)