Anthem, a major player in the Obamacare exchanges, announced that it would withdraw from Wisconsin and Indiana next year, along with Ohio.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 03, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - AVALON OHIO, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- With Health Law in Flux, Insurers Scramble to Meet Filing Deadline
By REED ABELSON - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- One Ohio Town’s Immigration Clash, Down in the Actual Muck
By MIRIAM JORDAN - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
A community long reliant on seasonal migrant field workers calls off a welcome-back party, and joins in the national argument over illegal immigration.
- Finders Keepers? An Ohio Goodwill Returns $97,000 Mistakenly Donated With Clothes
By MICHAEL COOPER - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
A surprising number of people carry vast sums in cash, lose it — and then get it returned by Good Samaritans.
- Welcome to the softer side of gutted Sears stores
By John Biggs - Monday Jun 12, 2017
If there is any indication of the cultural import and effect of the “millennials” – a term I dislike for reasons I will explain later – look no further than America’s malls. The Baby Boomer hubris and NIMBYism that sent malls into further and further orbits from city centers has come home to roost and it promises to change the face of retail in a big way. First,… Read More
- Talla Gets $8.3M, Led by Glasswing, to Build Chatbots for Enterprises
By Gregory T. Huang - Monday Jun 19, 2017
In a deal that signals where some artificial intelligence companies are heading, Boston-based Talla said today it has raised an $8.3 million Series A round led by Glasswing Ventures. PJC (formerly Point Judith Capital) also participated in the round, along with Talla’s previous investors Avalon Ventures, Pillar, and Jason Calacanis’s Launch fund. The new cash […]
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Critic's Notebook: Foreign Horror TV Shows Are Light on Monsters, Heavy on Mood
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
On the streaming service Shudder, foreign series like “Jordskott” and “Penance” offer a classic psychological dread that’s in short supply on American TV.