A federal appeals court has overturned the corruption conviction of former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - ASSEMBLY OF THE WORLD DIASPORAS
AROUND THE WEB
- Conviction Overturned for ex-NY Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver
Thursday Jul 13, 2017
- Recognizing the Forced Diaspora and Persecution of Rohingya Muslims
By Erin Rubin - Wednesday Aug 16, 2017
The world’s most persecuted minority, Myanmar’s Rohingya people, have been threatened with expulsion by an increasingly isolationist India. If the BJP succeeds in throwing them out, they quite literally, have nowhere to go.
- Venezuela's New Assembly Fires Attorney General Ortega
Saturday Aug 5, 2017
Venezuela’s new all-powerful Constituent Assembly swiftly moved on its pledge to stamp out dissent, removing Attorney General Luisa Ortega from office in their first session Saturday.
- Regional Governments Reject New Venezuela Assembly
Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
Governments from across Latin America on Tuesday agreed not to recognize Venezuela’s powerful new constituent assembly, saying that it represented a breakdown in the country’s democratic order.
- Man Killed in 9/11 Attacks Is Identified by DNA Testing
By ASHLEY SOUTHALL - Monday Aug 7, 2017
The man, whose name was withheld by officials at his family’s request, was the first Sept. 11 victim to be identified in more than two years.
- Venezuela Seats Powerful Assembly Many Say Is a Fraud
Friday Aug 4, 2017
President Nicolás Maduro brushed aside international condemnation and installed a powerful new assembly that critics worry will crush the last traces of Venezuelan democracy.