Billionaire Leon Black’s private-equity firm Apollo Global Management has raised a record $23.5 billion for the world’s biggest-ever buyout fund, according to a report. The boffo raise eclipses the previous record set by billionaire Stephen Scharzman’s Blackstone Group, which cobbled together a $21.7 billion fund at the height of the buyout boom in 2007, the...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 02, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
2013 - APOLLO STRUCTURED CREDIT RECOVERY MASTER FUND III LP
AROUND THE WEB
- Leon Black’s Apollo raises biggest buyout fund ever
By Post Staff Report - Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
- A Winning Design for a New York Monument to Gay and Transgender People
By JOSHUA BARONE - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the artist Anthony Goicolea had been selected to design the monument in Hudson River Park in Manhattan.
- Leon Black’s Apollo Global sued over alleged fraud
By Josh Kosman - Friday Aug 4, 2017
Leon Black’s Apollo Global Management conspired to swipe a $20 million stake in a Dutch logistics company held by a group of former executives, a lawsuit filed in a Florida federal court contends. Apollo pulled off the alleged fraud in 2013 by arranging a debt-for-equity restructuring of the then-struggling Ceva without notifying the management of...
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Adelson backs McMaster despite ties to campaign against him
By Bob Fredericks - Monday Aug 14, 2017
Vegas billionaire Sheldon Adelson came out in support of H.R. McMaster even though a group he funds, the Zionist Organization of America, supports a campaign against the embattled National Security Adviser, Axios reported on Monday. Andy Abboud, who reps Adelson, said Adelson didn’t even know about it. “Sheldon Adelson has nothing to do with the...
- Futuristic NY pier project pits billionaire vs billionaire
By VERENA DOBNIK, Associated Press - Sunday Jul 23, 2017
Proponents and opponents of the $250 million project plan to meet Monday to try and reach a settlement that would avoid more legal action in a conflict that has pitted media mogul Barry Diller and his wife, fashion maven Diane von Furstenberg, against Douglas Durst, the real estate developer and skyscraper baron.The plan to tear down the old, deteriorating Pier 54 on the Manhattan waterfront and replace it with a new structure, Pier 55, seemed like a fait accompli when it was first announced in 2014.Opposition emerged, though, partly based on environmental concerns about the pier's impact on aquatic life, and partly rooted in complaints from some over the way in which the project had been planned without broader public input."The way they've operated is like moving plants around their personal backyard," said Emery, a civil rights attorney representing the nonprofit City Club of New York, a civic group fueling the contrarian position.Durst recently acknowledged that he had quietly funded the lawsuits — two unsuccessful ones in state courts, and a third that resulted in a federal court revoking the project's permit this past March.Durst's estranged brother, Robert Durst, was acquitted in the death of an acquaintance in Texas and is now facing charges in Los Angeles that he killed a longtime friend because he feared she might divulge incriminating information regarding the 1982 disappearance of his first wife.