John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 10, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - AMERICAN ROOTS FINE ARTS COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Anatomy of a Direct Mail Control: American Film Institute
By Paul Bobnak - Friday Jun 9, 2017
An organization founded by film lovers uses direct mail to expand its community and fund its mission. The American Film Institute began as the result of a presidential mandate in 1967...
The post Anatomy of a Direct Mail Control: American Film Institute appeared first on NonProfit PRO.
- New York Community Trust Awards $12.3 Million in June Grants
By email@example.com (Kyoko Uchida) - Monday Jun 12, 2017
The June grants will support health, education, social services, arts and culture, and environmental organizations in New York City....
- Medicaid Cuts Could Undermine Services for People with Disabilities Living in the Community
By Jason Schneiderman - Thursday Jun 8, 2017
The American Health Care Act, with its massive Medicaid cuts, threatens the independent living movement.
- Google Said to Be Facing Record E.U. Fine by End of August
By MARK SCOTT - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Regulators are set to impose a penalty of more than $1 billion and force the company to alter how it operates, according to people familiar with the case.
- Charter promised more broadband but didn’t deliver, now must pay fine
By Jon Brodkin - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
21,000 NY customers did not get broadband on schedule, despite merger promise.
- Anatomy of a Direct Mail Control: American Foundation for the Blind
By Paul Bobnak - Friday Jun 23, 2017
Art illustrates a personal story that goes to the heart of this nonprofit’s mission in this direct mail package. Founded in 1921, the American Foundation for the Blind serves individuals with vision loss. Author and activist Helen Keller worked for the organization for over 40 years...
The post Anatomy of a Direct Mail Control: American Foundation for the Blind appeared first on NonProfit PRO.
- Art Review: How a Love of French Art Helped Shape the American Republic
By JASON FARAGO - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Early Americans subscribed to liberté and égalité — but they collected the paintings of the class that went to the guillotine.