If you want some idea of the complex interconnections of the packaged food industry, just try to figure out how one seemingly innocuous ingredient could lead to massive recalls of millions of units of everything from fish sticks to meatballs to chicken fingers.The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service has announced a huge number of recalls, …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 18, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - AMERICAN FOOD PACKAGING INDUSTRY CORP
AROUND THE WEB
- Massive Recall Of Meatballs, Chicken, Fish Tied To Mislabeled Bread Crumbs
By Laura Northrup - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- Dairy Industry Says 48% Of Americans Don’t Know Where Chocolate Milk Comes From
By Laura Northrup - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Even though the term “chocolate milk” may seem pretty self-explanatory, a large number of people apparently think there is some secret alchemy involved in brewing this mysterious elixir..The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy surveyed 1,000 adults, representing all 50 states, about their knowledge and use of dairy products. The most attention-getting stat was 48% of people didn’t know how …
- FDA Postpones New Food-Label Rules
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
U.S. regulators delayed changes to nutrition labels on packaged food and drinks, the latest Obama-era food policy initiative to be postponed by the Trump administration.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Trump admin. delays Obama-era reboot of nutrition label amid industry pressure
By Beth Mole - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Labels made calories per serving and per package clearer, included added sugar count.
- Kirk Douglas on Surviving a Childhood Home With Little Food and No Heat
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The award-winning actor, now 100, lived in poverty in Amsterdam, N.Y.; then a friendship led him to Hollywood
- Nestlé Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food Top of the Menu
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
Nestlé has bought a minority investment in Freshly, a subscription meals startup, as it struggles with slow-growing demand for its packaged offerings.
- Restaurant Review: At Don Peppe, Expect a Lot of Everything
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The hallowed Italian-American restaurant is near the airport and the racetrack in Queens, but it’s in a world of its own.