As part of its ongoing efforts to crack down on unscrupulous debt collectors, the Federal Trade Commission has accused a North Carolina company of running a “phantom” debt collection scheme that went after people for money that they did not actually owe.The FTC announced today that it had filed a complaint accusing ACDI Group LLC and Solutions to Portfolios …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 03, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - AMERICAN COMMERCE & TRADE GROUP LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Debt Collector Accused Of Taking Money From People Who Didn’t Owe Anything
By Ashlee Kieler - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- Video game trade group sees pros and cons in new Trump administration
By Kyle Orland - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
Good: Tax cuts, visa reform, IP protection. Bad: “Exclusionary” policies.
- Why the Slants Took a Fight Over Their Band Name to the Supreme Court
By JOE COSCARELLI - Monday Jun 19, 2017
In a strange case, a small Asian-American rock group may have inadvertently helped the Washington Redskins.
- Justices Strike Down Law Banning Disparaging Trademarks
By ADAM LIPTAK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The decision, over an Asian-American band named the Slants, could mean that the Washington Redskins name will keep federal trademark protection.
- Commerce Secretary Pritzker on U.S.-Africa Trade
Friday Sep 23, 2016
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker discussed business relations during the second U.S. Africa Business Forum.
- Ross Confident Administration Can Negotiate Better Trade Terms
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross expressed confidence that the Trump administration can achieve better trade terms through negotiations with trading partners, rather than immediately turning to tariffs or other punitive measures that could generate retaliation or other economic repercussions.
- Critic's Notebook: Foreign Horror TV Shows Are Light on Monsters, Heavy on Mood
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
On the streaming service Shudder, foreign series like “Jordskott” and “Penance” offer a classic psychological dread that’s in short supply on American TV.
- Wilbur Ross on Negotiating Better Trade Terms
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
At the WSJ CFO Network in Washington on Monday, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross talked about reducing U.S. trade deficits and renegotiating better trade terms instead of pulling out of international trade agreements. Photo: Paul Morse for The Wall Street Journal