The Moriah Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility in Mineville, N.Y., is one of a handful of boot-camp prisons nationwide that offer shorter sentences in exchange for participation in programs that aim to reduce recidivism. Photo: Claudio Papapietro for The Wall Street Journal
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 02, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - ALLIANCE FOR BRIGHTER FUTURE, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Boot-Camp Prisons Aim to Prepare Inmates for a Brighter Future
Sunday Jul 31, 2016
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- At Walmart Academy, Training Better Managers. But With a Better Future?
By MICHAEL CORKERY - Tuesday Aug 8, 2017
A new program for store supervisors and department managers may make them better employees but may not help them reach the middle class.
- MTV Mines the Past for Its Future: ‘Total Request Live’
By JOHN KOBLIN - Sunday Jul 30, 2017
Remember the “TRL” studio and crowds in Times Square? Music? Carson Daly? MTV hopes you do, and will tune in again.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Knicks’ future is brighter than people think: ex-coach
By Howie Kussoy - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
Former Knicks coach and current NBA TV analyst Stu Jackson talks to The Post’s Howie Kussoy about a potential Carmelo Anthony trade, Phil Jackson’s departure and the winners in free agency. Q: If Anthony ends up on the Rockets, how would he fit with two other superstars — James Harden and Chris Paul — who...