Dropping the activity of a single gene redirects the organism’s energy to fat.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 18, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - ALGAE BIOTECHNOLOGIES INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Engineered algae puts half of its carbon into fats for biofuels
By John Timmer - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Synthetic Genomics’ “Breakthrough” Algae Produces Twice as Much Oil
By Bruce V. Bigelow - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The San Diego biotech company Synthetic Genomics and supermajor ExxonMobil said today they have successfully inserted a gene in a particular strain of algae that more than doubled its oil content without slowing down the algae’s rate of growth. The two companies described the work in a statement as a “breakthrough in algae biofuel research” […]
- Fattened, Genetically Engineered Algae Might Be the Next Great Oil Source
By Nick Stockton - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Scientists have built an algae that spits out more than twice as much fat as wild algae.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Eerily beautiful bioluminescent algae looks super fun to splash through
By Johnny Lieu - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Algae emitting eerie blue glow makes this beach look otherworldy
By Tony Lee - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Soupman Inc. of 'Seinfeld' Fame Seeks Bankruptcy Protection
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Soupman Inc., of “Seinfeld” fame, filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday, just weeks after a top company executive was charged with tax evasion.
- A Slump in Tech Stocks That Leaves Some Investors Mystified
By LANDON THOMAS Jr. - Monday Jun 12, 2017
Shares of Netflix, Apple and other giant technology companies that have powered a market rally have taken an uncharacteristic pause.