In the film set during the Occupation during World War II, matinee heartthrob Jean-Paul Belmondo is a country priest who finds himself drawn to a cynical young widow (Emmanuelle Riva), who has abandoned religion for Communism.Melville was part of the French Resistance during the war, so he knew the Occupation inside and outside.The screening Sunday, July 16, at the Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive is a good opportunity to pay tribute to Riva.Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive, 2155 Center St., Berkeley.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 04, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - AL HUSSAIN CENTER INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Melville’s ‘Leon Morin: Priest’ pairs Belmondo, Riva
By G. Allen Johnson - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Saturday Night In ... Bedford-Stuyvesant: At the Center of Change, Cherry’s Unisex
By GREG HOWARD - Friday Jul 7, 2017
Saturday night in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, where the salon is an almost always-open witness to a neighborhood in the throes of change.
- Lyft to Develop Self-Driving Car Technology in New Silicon Valley Facility
By MIKE ISAAC - Friday Jul 21, 2017
The ride-hailing company is opening a research center in Palo Alto, Calif., and plans to collaborate with automakers and tech companies.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Material at Center of London Fire Will Not Be Sold for High Rises
By DANNY HAKIM - Monday Jun 26, 2017
The material, made by the American manufacturing company Arconic, has a combustible core and is already barred in the United States for buildings above a certain height.