A group of Democratic senators obtained call scripts from companies collecting overdue tax debt and found what they said were a variety of abuses.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 02, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - ABACUS ACCOUNTING AND TAX SERVICES GROUP INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Outside Collectors for I.R.S. Are Accused of Illegal Practices
By STACY COWLEY and JESSICA SILVER-GREENBERG - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- State of the Art: One Way to Fix Uber: Think Twice Before Using It
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
After months of escalating scandals, Uber is pledging to remake itself. Only customers like you can hold it accountable.
- Enhanced Incentives for Charitable Giving Make Good Tax Policy
By Susan N. Dreyfus and Brian A. Gallagher - Monday Jun 12, 2017
This year marks the 100th anniversary of the charitable tax deduction, an element of the tax code that has incentivized millions of Americans to support…
- Soupman Inc. of 'Seinfeld' Fame Seeks Bankruptcy Protection
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Soupman Inc., of “Seinfeld” fame, filed for bankruptcy protection Tuesday, just weeks after a top company executive was charged with tax evasion.
- The Dirty Secret of How Income Taxes Really Work
Friday Jun 23, 2017
Let's divide the population into three groups. Chances are, you're in the only group that pays.
- WSJ's The News Hub, P.M. March 5, 2014
Wednesday Mar 5, 2014
The group that runs the SAT college-entrance test is shaking up its format, its scoring-returning to the 1,600-point scale from 2,400-and potentially the $1 billion test-prep industry.
- Big Oil Steps Up Support for Carbon Tax
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
Some of the world’s largest oil companies and the country’s biggest auto maker are joining a group that is pushing the U.S. government to tax carbon in an effort to slow climate change.
- Video game trade group sees pros and cons in new Trump administration
By Kyle Orland - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
Good: Tax cuts, visa reform, IP protection. Bad: “Exclusionary” policies.