This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 20, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - A . KAWAII JAPANESE RESTAURANT INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- Restaurant Review: A New Kind of Sichuan Restaurant for New York
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
In downtown Flushing, Queens, Guan Fu Sichuan shows off the rich variety of flavors beyond the familiar blast of chiles.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Restaurant Review: At Don Peppe, Expect a Lot of Everything
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The hallowed Italian-American restaurant is near the airport and the racetrack in Queens, but it’s in a world of its own.
- Restaurant Review: The Grill Is Confident, Theatrical, Sharp and New Yorky
By PETE WELLS - Tuesday Aug 22, 2017
The former Grill Room of the Four Seasons now holds a restaurant with a full-battery charge.