A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 15, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - A & B GROCERY AND MEAT INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
- Amazon Deal for Whole Foods Starts a Supermarket War
By RACHEL ABRAMS and JULIE CRESWELL - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The grocery-store industry now faces, in addition to overseas competitors, a deep-pocketed rival with a track record of moving customers online.
- Carrefour drops dog meat from China stores, 5 years after it said it would
By Yvette Tan - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
French supermarket Carrefour has announced it's removed dog meat products from two of its outlets in China.
The news comes amid ongoing backlash against the consumption of dog meat in the country.
But perhaps what comes as a bigger surprise is that the supermarket giant carried dog meat in the first place.
Carrefour, which has more than 200 stores in China, promised back in 2012 that it would remove dog meat from its shelves, when approached by Animals Asia, an animal rights group.
However, according to Animals Asia, a follow-up visit to the store in May 2017 — the dog meat products were still on sale. Read more...More about China, Animals, Yulin, Dog Meat, and World
- Forget driving to the supermarket, this one wants to come to you instead
By Yvette Tan - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- The Lone Star Tick That Gives People Meat Allergies May Be Spreading
By Megan Molteni - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A rare meat allergy used to be limited to places the lone star tick calls home. But recently it's started to spread.
- State of the Art: In Whole Foods, Bezos Gets a Sustainably Sourced Guinea Pig
By FARHAD MANJOO - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
By purchasing the upscale chain, Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s chief, has a chance to tinker with how people buy groceries — and map the future of the physical store.